ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE FOR Cantonese Speakers
Hi I’m Georgie,
Your pronunciation teacher
I created this English Pronunciation Course specifically for Cantonese speakers. Each comprehensive, tailored pronunciation course includes a 1:1 Zoom session with me. I’m looking forward to working with you.
So you’d like to improve your English PRONUNCIATION?
English Pronunciation can be a very challenging area for some Cantonese speakers. This isn’t surprising, given that Cantonese is SO different to English.
Problems with clarity can result in some Cantonese speakers feeling frustrated and lacking confidence when they speak English. They feel like their spoken English is holding them back.
Hundreds of Cantonese speaking professionals have used this course to advance their careers with clearer, more fluent English.
With this course you’ll master the areas of English pronunciation that Cantonese speakers find challenging and improve your listening skills, vocabulary, expression and more.
Start improving today or find out more below about how you’ll speak better English with this course for Cantonese Speakers.
ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION FOR CANTONESE SPEAKERS – YOUR COURSE
- - 16 week course (with 2 years access)
- - 40+ video modules in an easy-to-follow, flexible schedule
- - 7+ hours of listen-repeat audio files for practising between videos - keep these forever
- - A 30 minute 1:1 video training session with Georgie: get feedback & get motivated, ensure you're getting the absolute most from your online course. Add more 1:1 sessions anytime.
- - Progress check recording tools in every module
- - Guided self assessments at the start and end
- - Fluency targets and activities
- - Before & after course speech recordings
- - Combination of video, audio and notes for best learning outcomes
- - Completion certificate and much, much more.
ACTIVELY IMPROVE YOUR SPOKEN ENGLISH
TIME TO GET ACTIVE
Many Cantonese speakers want to improve their English pronunciation skills but they aren’t sure where or how to start! This English Pronunciation Course For Cantonese Speakers gives you the structure you need to systematically improve your English pronunciation – a little bit each day. We know you are very busy so you can dip in and out of this course around your busy work schedule. You’ll practice daily with the videos and audio files provided from your phone, mobile device or laptop.
This course will help you PROACTIVELY start improving your spoken English. You’ll correct and improve all the areas of English Pronunciation that are difficult for Cantonese speakers.
Some of the main areas are:
- $master the word stress and rhythm of English – Cantonese speakers often pronounce words with flatter word stress than native speakers, or they put the stress on the incorrect syllable sometimes
- $correct your pronunciation of sounds at the ends of words - this is a challenging area for Cantonese Speakers because many of the consonant endings don’t exist in Cantonese. Clear word endings is very important, if you aren’t making them correctly it will make your speech unclear to listeners and it can sound like you have poor grammar
- $consonant clusters which is more than one consonant in a row eg /skt/ in ‘sixty’. - Consonant clusters don’t exist in Cantonese so a challenging area for many Cantonese speakers - it’s also essential for clear English, pronounce past tense endings correctly (important for workplace communication)
- $master the sounds /l/, /n/ and /r/ and ‘th’. For example, words such as ‘narrowly’ or ‘analysis’.
- $some English vowel sounds do not exist in Cantonese, mostly long and double / diphthong vowels
- $this course will help you develop your listening skills, vocab, expression, fluency and most importantly, your speaking confidence.
- $and much more
of students rate their confidence
‘improved-very much improved’
after this course.
feel they have the
knowledge and resources they need to keep improving
in the future.
14 week course – 2 years access
or monthly payment plan
95.00 USD / month for 6 months
SEE MORE ON PRICING
WHAT’S In YOUR COURSE
See more on what areas you’ll improve with your English Pronunciation Course For Cantonese Speakers
- $Move your mouth for clear English
- $Pronounce word endings correctly (ESSENTIAL for clear English)
- $Correct difficult consonant sounds like /l/, /n/, /r/, /v/, ‘th’
- $Pronounce consonants in a row clearly such as /sks/ in ‘risks’ or /skt/ in ‘risked’
- $Develop good rhythm & stress (master the music of English)
- $Correct hundreds of helpful phrases for casual & professional conversations
- $Correct vowel sounds that don't exist in Cantonese or are mispronounced by Cantonese speakers
- $Use past tense with confidence - this is often a difficult area for Cantonese speakers
- $Understand English expressions
- $30 minute Zoom training with Georgie
- $Correct hundreds of the most mispronounced words in English
- $Monitor improvement with progress-check recording tools in each module
- $and much more!
HOW YOU’LL IMPROVE WITH SPEECH ACTIVE
MORE ON ONLINE Course Features
More on 1:1 zoom Training with Georgie
MORE ON Speech Assessments (Audio & Written Feedback)
“This course has made me realise the importance of awareness of how English should be spoken and which can be improved. I have developed more confidence and improved fluency which further enhance my professionalism in my job and communication with all stakeholders. I am very glad with my achievement with this course.”
“Having had multiple sessions with speech therapists and so-called english teachers, I have never found a course which is as specific for Cantonese speakers as this one. In addition, it contains a lot of excellent materials for practice.”
“After I joined this course, I am much more confident than before as i understand the vowels and stress now. I know how to pronounce each vowel and correct the mistakes that I used to make. I definitely recommend all of you to join this course to be a clear English speaker.”
confidence is key
Are you tired of not feeling confident with the way you speak English? Problems with English pronunciation and fluency can make your day exhausting and frustrating. No matter what your area of expertise – doctor, nurse, engineer, IT, project manager – you need to be confidence that your managers, colleagues, clients or patients can understand you easily.
When you’re busy, it’s easy to put off improving. This English Pronunciation Course for Cantonese Speakers makes improving easy – it’s specifically created for busy professionals. Step-by-step you will gain speech clarity and speaking confidence.
We’re very proud of the feedback we get from our Cantonese speaking students such as Jorlier, who uses English in her role everyday as an admissions coordinator. After completing her Speech Active course, Jorlier commented “I have developed more confidence and improved fluency which further enhance my professionalism in my job and communication with all stakeholders. I am very glad with my achievement with this course”. See more comments and reviews.
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR, FLUENT ENGLISH
Do people understand you easily or do they sometimes miss some words you say?
Maybe they ask you to repeat or maybe you just get the feeling they have to concentrate to understand.
Maybe you’re mostly clear but lack confidence with your pronunciation and spoken English.
With your Speech Active English Pronunciation Course For Cantonese Speakers you’ll systematically correct and improve your pronunciation of word stress and sentence stress (the rhythm and music of English), English weak vowels, English vowel sounds and English consonant sounds and more, with each English pronunciation lesson for Cantonese speakers.
Were you looking for an an accent reduction for Cantonese speakers? Or accent neutralisation for Cantonese speakers? This course is an accent reduction or accent neurtralisation course. If you’re looking for an accent reduction course, our program will help you successfully reduce your accent for clearer English. The terms accent reduction, accent modification and accent neutralisation are often what people search for when looking for a training program like this. Find out more about why Georgie thinks we should stop using the term accent reduction.
Cantonese speakers usually have the following goals when looking for English pronunciation lessons – They want to speak clearer English because listeners find their English unclear or they lack confidence with their English pronunciation. Or they want to sound more like an English native speaker – this is often if they have been living in an English speaking country for a long time and they feel like a local – so they want to sound more like a local too.
Finding time to work on your English Pronunciation and fluency can be challenging. Speech Active English Pronunciation practice is created specifically for busy Cantonese speaking professionals – so you can dip in and out around your schedule. This course will help you ACTIVELY improve your pronunciation and English accent every day.
USE THIS COURSE TO:
Any questions about our
English Pronunciation Course
For CANTONESE Speakers?
- $two or three 20 minute video lessons weekly for 3-4 months
- $15 minutes practice daily with the audio files & 30 minutes Zoom training
- $Flexible - dip in and out around your busy schedule
- $2 years access so you can refresh and revise to further cement and consolidate your improvement
Master new skills
- $Progress check recording tools in every module.
- $Master word stress & rhythm - get the 'music of English' right
- $Correct vowels & consonants that you find challenging and much more.
- $Clearly see what you're aiming for - you'll see exactly what to do and what not to do
Practise for real life
- $Hundreds of useful phrases and expressions
- $Practise real life conversations & interviews
- $Improve your professional & casual daily interactions
- $Get the practice you need to transfer your new skills to your everyday speaking
- $You'll have the skills & resources for continuing improvement
- $Understand what still needs focus and how to do it
- $Life-long skills for ongoing improvement
- $The audio files are yours to keep forever - use them to revise and practice
Many Cantonese speakers use word stress that is too flat or on the incorrect syllable in some words. Improve word stress in: capable, capacity, initiate, initiative & entrepreneur. Practice better English word stress.
Many Cantonese speakers use word stress that is flatter or on the wrong syllable. Improve your word stress and vowels in: occur, maintain, maintenance, strategy and strategic.
Sometimes Cantonese speakers have unclear pronunciation of letters such as ‘N’, ‘A’, ‘H’ ‘G’ and ‘J’. Some numbers are often unclear too such as ‘fi’ instead of ‘five’, ‘sik’ instead of ‘six’, or ‘ei’ instead of ‘eight’. Do people understand you easily when you spell names or addresses on the phone?
A clear professional voicemail is important. Your voicemail may be the first impression recruiters, clients or colleagues have of you. Cantonese Speakers can record a clear and professional voicemail greeting with this video.
VALUE YOUR TIME
Many of our Cantonese speaking students have been using English daily for work for years and have found that areas like their comprehension and vocabulary and reading all improved a lot. But they’ve been frustrated by the fact that their English pronunciation skills haven’t improved or changed much. This is a common story. English pronunciation isn’t an easy area to change guidance from an experienced English Pronunciation teacher for Cantonese speakers and lots of practice. With this course, Cantonese speakers bring their pronunciation skills up, to be in line with the other areas of their English.
This English pronunciation course for Cantonese speakers has been specifically created for Cantonese speakers. This means you will use your time effectively and not waste time on content that’s not relevant to you, as a speaker of Cantonese.
Complete two or three 20 minute videos per week over 4 months (with 2 years access).
Practice for 15 minutes each day with the listen-&-repeat audio files while you’re out and about.
The more you practice, the more you’ll improve.
We believe this is the best English Pronunciation course for Cantonese speakers online today.
21+ hours of specialised, quality on-demand video and audio training, student forum and recording tools and a 30 minute Zoom session with Georgie.
WHY BUSY CANTONESE PROFESSIONALS AND STUDENTS LOVE THIS COURSE
TRACK YOUR IMPROVEMENT
- $ Progress check recording tools in every lesson.
- $Fluency activities and checks
- $PRE & POST course recordings to evaluate your progress
- $30 minute 1:1 Zoom session with our English Pronunciation teacher for Cantonese speakers, Georgie, to ensure you're on track and getting the most from your online course
REAL LIFE CONTENT
- $Workplace conversations & practice job interviews
- $Cover loads of English idioms and expressions that are often used
- $Hundreds of useful phrases
- $Small talk & networking exercises
- $Follow the schedule or make up your own.
- $Access training 24/7
- $Repeat lessons as many times as you like.
- $Two years access
- Payment plan: $125.00 AUD / month for 6 months
- Upfront Payment: $596.00 AUD
- Comprehensive Online Course: 40+ modules and 1:1 Zoom session.
Why choose this course?
We’re confident that you’ll love our English pronunciation classes for Cantonese speakers to improve your English accent.
Our online English pronunciation classes for Cantonese speakers are proven. Speech Active courses are used by international and local companies like Mazda, AECOM, PMI, Fujitsu and ANZ.
World leading Universities choose Speech Active online English pronunciation courses to help their international students prepare for interviews and work.
WE’VE SUCCESSFULLY ASSISTED OVER 9,000 PEOPLE
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR professional ENGLISH
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
For the first 30 days, if the course doesn’t help you we’ll refund what you have paid! This means you can get started and try out the training right now. That’s how confident we are that we can help you with your pronunciation.
*Phone support & assessment payments can not be refunded.