ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE FOR SPEAKERS OF Indian LanguageS & Indian English
Hi I’m Georgie,
Your pronunciation teacher
I created this English Pronunciation course is specifically for speakers of Indian Languages and Indian English. Each comprehensive course includes a 1:1 Zoom session with me. I’m looking forward to working with you.
So you’d like to improve your English PRONUNCIATION?
Indian professionals and students complete this training to improve their clarity in English so that listener will understand their English more easily.
Many of our clients from India have good fluency in English but people sometimes asked them to repeat or couldn’t understand them easily. This is because there are some fundamental differences between Indian English pronunciation and other English in other English speaking countries.
The good news is that by improving around 4 – 5 areas of English pronunciation speakers of Indian English and Indian languages can dramatically improved their English clarity.
While there are many different languages in India there are similarities in the way these languages affect English pronunciation and of course, there is the influence of Indian English. That’s what gives an Indian accent.
Find out more below or start improving now.
ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION FOR Indian English SPEAKERS and speakers of Indian Languages
– YOUR COURSE –
- - 16 week course (with 2 years access)
- - 40+ video modules in an easy-to-follow, flexible schedule
- - 7+ hours of listen-repeat audio files for practising between videos - keep these forever
- - A 30 minute 1:1 video training session with Georgie: get feedback & get motivated, ensure you're getting the absolute most from your online course. Add more 1:1 sessions anytime.
- - Progress check recording tools in every module
- - Guided self assessments at the start and end
- - Fluency targets and activities
- - Before & after course speech recordings
- - Combination of video, audio and notes for best learning outcomes
- - Completion certificate and much, much more.
ACTIVELY IMPROVE YOUR SPOKEN ENGLISH
TIME TO GET ACTIVE
Once our Indian clients start our training – it’s often a huge relief – they finally understand exactly WHY listeners found it challenging to understand them and WHAT needs to be done.
Many of our Indian clients don’t anticipate that clarity in English will be a problem for them, but after arriving in an English speaking country and looking for work or starting work – they find that listeners sometimes struggle to understand them. Often this is a bit of a shock and many of them find it frustrating and exhausting.
The reason for this is that there are many difference between Indian English and other styles of English that make it challenging for people to understand easily. These differences can cause unclear communication, which can result in unsuccessful job interviews, missed promotions or a low speaking score on English proficiency tests.
If you’re lacking confidence with your English pronunciation and speaking English – it’s time to be proactive.
The GREAT news is that for most speakers from India, only 4 – 5 areas need to be changed to dramatically improve how easily others understand their English.
Life is very busy! Finding time to work on your English Pronunciation and fluency can be challenging. Our English Pronunciation practice for Indian speakers is created specifically for busy professionals so you can dip in and out around your busy schedule. This course gives you the structure you need to get ‘speech-active’ every day – in other words, to be ACTIVELY improving your pronunciation and English accent for 15 minutes daily.
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEARER ENGLISH
As mentioned, there are only a small number of areas that most speakers from India should improve for clear English that listeners will understand easily.
A few of the main areas are often:
– word stress and emphasis – this is ESSENTIAL for clear English and the stress and rhythms used in Indian languages and Indian English are very different to other types of English. Indian English is spoken in a much flatter, more even rhythm – this is why many speakers from India feel that their English is a little monotonous.
– English vowel sounds. Indian English does not use some double (diphthong) vowels like other types of English. So double vowels and are often mispronounced by speakers of Indian English and Indian languages. For example differentiating between the words – not, nought, note – or – cot, caught, coat is often challenging for people from India.
– speed of speaking. English is often spoken very quickly in India and so are many Indian languages. Using this fast rate in other English speaking countries really makes it challenging for listeners – the fast rate combined with flat, even stress and rhythm makes it challenging for your listener.
You’ll practice to improve these areas and many more with audio files and videos – the more you practice, the more you will improve. We’ll get you systematically improving the areas that you – as a speaker of Indian English and Indian languages – need to change and improve and most importantly, give you the practice you need to transfer these new skills to your everyday life.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY
We’re very proud of the feedback we get from our Indian students reporting greater speaking confidence. For example, Gujarati and Hindi speakers Rahul P who uses English everyday in his work as a financial professional told us in his course feedback “I am a financial professional and require continuous interaction and mostly making presentations. The awareness and knowledge about the way I speak, particularly the syllable stress and sentence stress and some specific word groups have made me more confident as I speak and feel more acceptance by the people I interact with. Besides, I now understand and grasp better and quicker when I listen to the native speakers in professional circles. Both the above are crucial for my professional success.“
See more student comments and English Pronunciation Course reviews.
of students rate their confidence
‘improved-very much improved’
after this course.
feel they have the
knowledge and resources they need to keep improving
in the future.
14 week course – 2 years access
or monthly payment plan
95.00 USD / month for 6 months
SEE MORE ON PRICING
WHAT’S In YOUR COURSE
See more on what areas you’ll improve with your English Pronunciation Course For Indian Languages and Indian English Speakers
- $Use a good rate of speaking
- $Improve your emphasis within English words - ESSENTIAL for clear English.
- $Improve the stress and rhythm of your English in sentences - master the music of English - this is quite different to Indian English
- $Correct important double and single vowel sounds that are challenging for Indian English speakers
- $Correct difficult consonant sounds like /w/, /v/, ‘th’
- $Many Indian languages lack the English sounds /tʃ/, /dʒ/ & /ʒ/ so you’ll master these too!
- $Use past tense endings with confidence
- $Master hundreds of phrases for casual & professional conversations
- $Understand important English expressions
- $Monitor improvement with progress-check recording tools in each module
- $Correct hundreds of mispronounced words in English
- $30 minute video training session with Georgie
- $and much more!
HOW YOU’LL IMPROVE WITH SPEECH ACTIVE
MORE ON ONLINE Course Features
More on 1:1 zoom Training with Georgie
MORE ON Speech Assessments (Audio & Written Feedback)
“I am a financial professional and require continuous interaction and mostly making presentations. The awareness and knowledge about the way I speak, particularly the syllable stress and sentence stress and some specific word groups have made me more confident as I speak and feel more acceptance by the people I interact with. Besides, I now understand and grasp better and quicker when I listen to the native speakers in professional circles. Both the above are crucial for my professional success.”
English Pronunciation Tips for Indian English SpeakerS & speakers of indian languages
LISTEN TO GEORGIE’S pronunciation tips a Speaker from India
Listen to this speaker from India who wants to improve their English pronunciation and English accent. Click to Georgie’s feedback explaining the main areas that should be improved for clearer English. She provides some English pronunciation tips for a speaker with an Indian accent – as a speaker of Indian English or Indian languages.
You will be introduced to important double (diphthong) vowels, a common problem with consonant sounds and most importantly – improving word stress and emphasis in English. Find out more by listening to Georgie’s feedback
Listen to the Indian Speaker
English Pronunciation Tips For Indian Speaker
What did you think of Georgie’s tips on how to improve your English accent for Indian English speakers? Did any of them sound familiar to you? Do any of the areas discussed sound like the might be relevant to you?
The speaker in the recording went on to systematically correct and improve their pronunciation of word stress, sentence stress, English weak vowels, English vowel sounds and English consonant sounds and more with each English pronunciation lesson for Indian English speakers and speakers of Indian Languages.
You might be wondering if this English pronunciation program is also accent reduction for an Indian accent. Or accent neutralisation for Indian English speakers. Yes, it is. If you’re looking for accent reduction for Indian English speakers this course will help you successfully reduce your Indian accent for clearer English. Find out more about why Georgie thinks we should stop using the term accent reduction. Many people still search for the terms accent reduction, accent modification and accent neutralisation when looking for this type of training.
After years working or studying in an English speaking country, many speakers of Indian English find most areas of their English have improved a lot, but their pronunciation and accent hasn’t changed that much. With this course, you’ll develop your pronunciation skills, so they are in line with the other areas of your English.
Some Indian English speakers want an accent reduction course to speak clearer English because sometimes listeners find their English unclear or they lack confidence with their English pronunciation. Some Indian English speakers want to reduce their Indian accent to sound more like an English native speaker from the country they are now living in. People often want to do this if they have been living in that place for a long time – they feel like a local – so they want to sound more like a local. A Speech Active course helps them sound more like a native English speaker.
Indian Languages and Indian English SPEAKERS
USE THIS COURSE TO:
Any questions about our
English Pronunciation Course
For Indian Languages and Indian English Speakers?
- $two or three 20 minute video lessons weekly for 3-4 months
- $15 minutes practice daily with the audio files & 30 minutes Zoom training
- $Flexible - dip in and out around your busy schedule
- $2 years access so you can refresh and revise to further cement and consolidate your improvement
Master new skills
- $Progress check recording tools in every module.
- $Master word stress & rhythm - get the 'music of English' right
- $Correct vowels & consonants that you find challenging and much more.
- $Clearly see what you're aiming for - you'll see exactly what to do and what not to do
Practise for real life
- $Hundreds of useful phrases and expressions
- $Practise real life conversations & interviews
- $Improve your professional & casual daily interactions
- $Get the practice you need to transfer your new skills to your everyday speaking
- $You'll have the skills & resources for continuing improvement
- $Understand what still needs focus and how to do it
- $Life-long skills for ongoing improvement
- $The audio files are yours to keep forever - use them to revise and practice
Many speakers of Indian languages and Indian English use word stress that is too flat and sometimes incorrect. Improve word stress: capable, capacity, initiate, initiative, entrepreneur. Click to learn more and practice better English word stress.
Many languages have fewer vowels than English. As a result, many non-native speakers mispronounce the diphthong vowel /oʊ/, pronouncing it more like a single vowel, like in the word ‘won’t’ in the video below. Practice all the English Vowel Sounds.
Do people sometimes misunderstand you when you’re spelling your name or email address? Many Indian English speakers will say ‘etch’ for H, ‘je’ for J, and 13 can sound like 30. Fix issues like these so you can provide your details with more confidence.
Many of our clients from India have an inadequate voicemail greeting for working in an English speaking country. It’s important- a clear professional voicemail greeting is a must-have. This video includes a script to record a clear, professional voicemail greeting.
VALUE YOUR TIME
There are a many English pronunciation courses online and English accent courses online. You need a course that has content that’s tailored to your needs and language background. You also need quality audio and video to practice with – as often as you can – because the more you practice, the more you will improve.
These English Pronunciation lessons for Indian English speakers and speakers of Indian languages have been created specifically for speakers from India. This means you’ll use your time effectively and not waste time on content that’s not relevant, as a busy speaking professional, student or job seeker. We know your time is precious.
Complete two or three 20 minute videos per week over 4 months (with 2 years access).
Practice for 15 minutes each day with the listen-&-repeat audio files while you’re out and about.
The more you practice, the more you’ll improve.
We believe this is the best English Pronunciation course for Indian English speakers online today.
21+ hours of specialised, quality on-demand video and audio training, student forum and recording tools and a 30 minute Zoom session with Georgie.
WHY BUSY Indian Languages and Indian English PROFESSIONALS AND STUDENTS LOVE THIS COURSE
TRACK YOUR IMPROVEMENT
- $ Progress check recording tools in every lesson.
- $Fluency activities and checks
- $PRE & POST course recordings to evaluate your progress
- $30 minute 1:1 Zoom call with Georgie, our English Pronunciation teacher for Indian English speakers, to ensure you're on track and getting the most from your online course
REAL LIFE CONTENT
- $Workplace conversations & practice job interviews
- $Cover loads of English idioms and expressions that are often used
- $Hundreds of useful phrases
- $Small talk & networking exercises
- $Follow the schedule or make up your own.
- $Access training 24/7
- $Repeat lessons as many times as you like.
- $Two years access
- Payment plan: $125.00 AUD / month for 6 months
- Upfront Payment: $596.00 AUD
- Comprehensive Online Course: 40+ modules and 1:1 Zoom session.
Why choose this course?
If you’re looking for English pronunciation classes on how to improve your English accent for Indian English speakers, then this course is what you’re looking for.
Our online English pronunciation classes for Indian English speakers are proven. Our courses are used by international and local companies like Mazda, AECOM, PMI, Fujitsu and ANZ.
World leading Universities choose Speech Active online English pronunciation courses to help their international students prepare for interviews and work.
WE’VE SUCCESSFULLY ASSISTED OVER 9,000 PEOPLE
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR professional ENGLISH
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
For the first 30 days, if the course doesn’t help you we’ll refund what you have paid! This means you can get started and try out the training right now. That’s how confident we are that we can help you with your pronunciation.
*Phone support & assessment payments can not be refunded.