ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE FOR Malaysian Speakers
Hi I’m Georgie,
Your pronunciation teacher
Each comprehensive course includes a 1:1 Zoom session with me to ensure you’re getting the most from your online course. I’m looking forward to working with you.
So you’d like to improve your English PRONUNCIATION?
There are some differences between the pronunciation of Malaysian English and other types of English that can cause problems with being understood by non-Malaysian listeners.
Many of the Malaysian English professionals we have worked with can hear some of the differences and have awareness that things such as leaving off consonant sounds at the ends of words, differences in the stress and rhythms are making their Malaysian English difficult for people to understand easily.
With this English Pronunciation Course for Malaysian English speakers professionals and international students improve their English pronunciation and English speaking confidence.
Start now or read more below to find out how you’ll improve your English accent and clarity as a Malaysian English Speaker with Speech Active.
ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION FOR Malaysian ENGLISH SPEAKERS – YOUR COURSE
- - 16 week course (with 2 years access)
- - 40+ video modules in an easy-to-follow, flexible schedule
- - 7+ hours of listen-repeat audio files for practising between videos - keep these forever
- - A 30 minute 1:1 video training session with Georgie: get feedback & get motivated, ensure you're getting the absolute most from your online course. Add more 1:1 sessions anytime.
- - Progress check recording tools in every module
- - Guided self assessments at the start and end
- - Fluency targets and activities
- - Before & after course speech recordings
- - Combination of video, audio and notes for best learning outcomes
- - Completion certificate and much, much more.
ACTIVELY IMPROVE YOUR SPOKEN ENGLISH
TIME TO GET ACTIVE
Most of the Malaysians we have worked with are busy professionals or busy international students. Either way, they are juggling work and family life! There isn’t a lot of time to dedicate to extra things like an English pronunciation course. Speech Active English Pronunciation practice is created specifically for busy professionals so you can dip in and out around your busy schedule.
This course gives you the structure you need to get ‘speech-active’ every day – in other words, to be ACTIVELY improving your pronunciation and English accent for 15 minutes daily.
You’ll practice to improve with audio files and videos whenever you have time – the more you practice, the more you will improve. We’ll get you systematically improving the areas that you need to change and improve and most importantly, give you the practice you need to transfer these new skills to your everyday life.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY
We’re very proud of the feedback we get from our students reporting greater speaking confidence. For example, the following students told us in their course feedback:
Resmieh an Arabic speaker said: “I feel this course is a stepping stone for a successful future; it built my confidence in speaking English.”
Kamonwan K, a Thai speaker living in Australia told us ‘I had problems with my pronunciation almost all of the time and I don’t know how to fix it. I found myself have no confident when speaking English. This course gives me ideas how to speak English correctly and pointed out my weakness in speaking English. The lessons cover every skill I need to practice. Now, I’m more confident with sounds that I make from the movement of jaws and lips. My English pronunciation is getting better every week by learning from this course and now I can speak English with more confident as I ever had!‘
Great English Pronunciation For Malaysian Speakers Starts Here
of students rate their confidence
‘improved-very much improved’
after this course.
feel they have the
knowledge and resources they need to keep improving
in the future.
14 week course – 2 years access
or monthly payment plan
95.00 USD / month for 6 months
SEE MORE ON PRICING
WHAT’S In YOUR COURSE
See more on what areas you’ll improve with your English Pronunciation Course For Malaysian Speakers
- $Pronounce consonant sounds at the ends of wotfs correctly (ESSENTIAL for clear English and these are different to Malaysian English)
- $Improve the rhythm & emphasis of your English (master the music of English) and weak vowels
- $Master hundreds of phrases for casual & professional conversations
- $Correct important double and long vowel sounds that are different in Malaysian English
- $Correct consonant clusters (which are very important for grammar) - pronounce the past tense with confidence
- $Correct difficult consonant sounds such as /ʒ/, /v/ & ‘th’ that some Malaysian English speakers mispronounce
- $Understand important English expressions
- $Monitor improvement with progress-check recording tools in each module
- $Correct hundreds of mispronounced words in English
- $30 minute video training session with Georgie
- $and much more!
HOW YOU’LL IMPROVE WITH SPEECH ACTIVE
MORE ON ONLINE Course Features
More on 1:1 zoom Training with Georgie
MORE ON Speech Assessments (Audio & Written Feedback)
“People don’t ask ‘What was that?’ anymore. They understand me the first time.”
“The course taught me a lot about English pronunciation which I did not know. Now I know how to better speak English which other people understand.”
“It’s a really helpful programme with scientific and systematic teaching methods. And the fact is I have indeed improved significantly.
Thanks to Georgie for her lessons, and I hope more non-native speakers can benefit from this course as I did.”
English Pronunciation Tips for Malaysian SpeakerS
Have you noticed that you sometimes don’t pronounce consonant sounds at the ends of words in English? These are pronounced differently in Malaysian English and as such, to other English speakers, it sounds like you are leaving them off.
Do you sometimes not pronounce all consonants in a consonant cluster? Such as the /ks/ in success /səkˈses/? Or the /skt/ at the end of ‘risked’ /rɪskt/? Malaysian English speakers sometimes pronounce consonants in a row differently to other native English speakers.
Do you sometimes feel like the rhythm, stress and emphasis in your English is flatter, more even or monotonous than other native English speakers? This is because Malaysian English has quite a different rhythm to other types of English.
Differences like the ones listed above can affect how easily listeners understand your English. These differences can mean that people need to concentrate to understand you, rather than just focusing on the meaning of what you are saying.
Malaysian speakers systematically correct and improve their pronunciation of word endings, word stress, sentence stress, English weak vowels, English vowel sounds and English consonant sounds and consonant clusters and more with each English pronunciation lesson for Malaysian English speakers.
You might be wondering if this English pronunciation program is also accent reduction for Malaysian English speakers. Or accent neutralisation for Malaysian English speaker. Yes, it is. If you’re looking for accent reduction for Malaysian English speakers this course will help you successfully reduce your accent for clearer English. Find out more about why Georgie thinks we should stop using the term accent reduction. Many people still search for the terms accent reduction, accent modification and accent neutralisation.
After years working or studying in an English speaking country, many Malaysian English speakers find most areas of their English have improved a lot, but their pronunciation and accent hasn’t changed that much. With this course, you’ll develop your pronunciation skills, so they are in line with the other areas of your English.
Some Malaysian English speakers want an accent reduction course to speak clearer English because sometimes listeners find their English unclear or they lack confidence with their English pronunciation. Some Malaysian English speakers want to reduce their Malaysian accent to sound more like an English native speaker. People often want to do this if they have been living in an English speaking country for a long time and plan to stay. They feel like a local – so they want to sound more like a local. A Speech Active course helps them sound more like a native English speaker.
USE THIS COURSE TO:
Any questions about our
English Pronunciation Course
For Malaysian Speakers?
- $two or three 20 minute video lessons weekly for 3-4 months
- $15 minutes practice daily with the audio files & 30 minutes Zoom training
- $Flexible - dip in and out around your busy schedule
- $2 years access so you can refresh and revise to further cement and consolidate your improvement
Master new skills
- $Progress check recording tools in every module.
- $Master word stress & rhythm - get the 'music of English' right
- $Correct vowels & consonants that you find challenging and much more.
- $Clearly see what you're aiming for - you'll see exactly what to do and what not to do
Practise for real life
- $Hundreds of useful phrases and expressions
- $Practise real life conversations & interviews
- $Improve your professional & casual daily interactions
- $Get the practice you need to transfer your new skills to your everyday speaking
- $You'll have the skills & resources for continuing improvement
- $Understand what still needs focus and how to do it
- $Life-long skills for ongoing improvement
- $The audio files are yours to keep forever - use them to revise and practice
Are you sometimes using flat, even word stress? Are you sometimes stressing the incorrect syllable? Practice good word stress with the video below. Click to learn more and practice better English word stress.
Many languages have fewer vowels than English. As a result, many non-native speakers mispronounce the diphthong vowel /oʊ/, pronouncing it more like a single vowel, like in the word ‘won’t’ in the video below. Practice all the English Vowel Sounds.
Do people sometimes misunderstand you when you’re spelling your name or email address? Do they sometimes misunderstand your numbers for example 13 and 30, or 18 and 80? Fix these issues so you can provide your details with more confidence.
If you’re looking for work or already working in an English speaking country, a clear professional voicemail greeting is a must-have. This video includes a script and will help you record a clear, professional voicemail greeting.
VALUE YOUR TIME
There are a many English pronunciation courses online and English accent courses online. The course you choose should have content tailored to your needs and language background. You also need quality audio and video to practice with – as often as you can – because the more you practice, the more you will improve.
These English Pronunciation lessons for Malaysian English speakers have been created specifically for you – it’s not a general, one-size-fits-all program. This means you’ll use your time effectively and not waste time on content that’s not relevant, as a busy Malaysian professional.
Complete two or three 20 minute videos per week over 4 months (with 2 years access).
Practice for 15 minutes each day with the listen-&-repeat audio files while you’re out and about.
The more you practice, the more you’ll improve.
WHY BUSY Malaysian PROFESSIONALS AND STUDENTS LOVE THIS COURSE
TRACK YOUR IMPROVEMENT
- $ Progress check recording tools in every lesson.
- $Fluency activities and checks
- $PRE & POST course recordings to evaluate your progress
- $30 minute 1:1 Zoom call with Georgie, our English Pronunciation teacher for Malaysian speakers, to ensure you're on track and getting the most from your online course
REAL LIFE CONTENT
- $Workplace conversations & practice job interviews
- $Cover loads of English idioms and expressions that are often used
- $Hundreds of useful phrases
- $Small talk & networking exercises
- $Follow the schedule or make up your own.
- $Access training 24/7
- $Repeat lessons as many times as you like.
- $Two years access
- Payment plan: $125.00 AUD / month for 6 months
- Upfront Payment: $596.00 AUD
- Comprehensive Online Course: 40+ modules and 1:1 Zoom session.
Why choose this course?
If you’re looking for English pronunciation classes on how to improve your English accent for Malaysian English speakers, then this course is what you’re looking for.
Our online English pronunciation classes for Malaysian English speakers are proven. Our courses are used by international and local companies like Mazda, AECOM, PMI, Fujitsu and ANZ.
World leading Universities choose Speech Active online English pronunciation courses to help their international students prepare for interviews and work.
WE’VE SUCCESSFULLY ASSISTED OVER 9,000 PEOPLE
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR professional ENGLISH
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
For the first 30 days, if the course doesn’t help you we’ll refund what you have paid! This means you can get started and try out the training right now. That’s how confident we are that we can help you with your pronunciation.
*Phone support & assessment payments can not be refunded.