ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE FOR Singaporean English Speakers
Hi I’m Georgie,
Your pronunciation teacher
I created this course specifically for Singaporean English speakers. Each comprehensive course includes a 1:1 Zoom session with me – to check you are on track and getting the most from your online course. I’m looking forward to working with you.
So you’d like to improve your English PRONUNCIATION?
There are some differences between Singaporean English and other types of English that can cause Singaporean English to be unclear to listeners.
Some areas that Singaporean speakers often need to improve for English that is clearer to listeners who aren’t used to the Singaporean accent are: rate / speed of speaking, pronouncing consonant sounds at the ends of words (end sounds like /t/, /d/, /k/ as these are pronounced differently in Singaporean English), past tense endings and plural endings and some double and long vowels .
Many Singaporean professionals have improved their clarity and English speaking confidence for working in English speaking countries such as Australia, the UK, Canada, the USA and Ireland with Speech Active.
This course has everything you need to successfully level-up and improve your speech clarity, fluency and spoken English for job interviews and workplace communication.
ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION FOR Singaporean English SPEAKERS – YOUR COURSE
- - 16 week course (with 2 years access)
- - 40+ video modules in an easy-to-follow, flexible schedule
- - 7+ hours of listen-repeat audio files for practising between videos - keep these forever
- - A 30 minute 1:1 video training session with Georgie: get feedback & get motivated, ensure you're getting the absolute most from your online course. Add more 1:1 sessions anytime.
- - Progress check recording tools in every module
- - Guided self assessments at the start and end
- - Fluency targets and activities
- - Before & after course speech recordings
- - Combination of video, audio and notes for best learning outcomes
- - Completion certificate and much, much more.
ACTIVELY IMPROVE YOUR SPOKEN ENGLISH
TIME TO GET ACTIVE
Most of our Singaporean clients are busy professionals. They are working full time and juggling busy work and family lives. Finding time to work on your English Pronunciation can be a real challenge. Speech Active English Pronunciation practice is created specifically for busy professionals so you can dip in and out around your busy schedule.
Built specifically for Singaporean English speakers, this course gives you the structure you need to get ‘speech-active’ every day – in other words, to be ACTIVELY improving your pronunciation and English accent for 15 minutes daily.
You’ll practice to improve with audio files and videos whenever you have time – the more you practice, the more you will improve. We’ll get you systematically improving the areas that you need to change and improve and most importantly, give you the practice you need to transfer these new skills to your everyday life – for work and social occasions.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY
We’re very proud of the feedback we get from our students reporting greater speaking confidence. For example, Albert who uses English everyday told us in his course feedback “I started this course because I have problems where it was very hard for me to communicate with native speakers. After finishing this course I have become more confident and more fluent in speaking with native speakers. All of them seem to never ask me to repeat myself anymore, and for me this is a big achievement.“
Problems with being easily understood can be exhausting and frustrating and result in a lack of confidence when speaking English.
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR, CONFIDENT ENGLISH
of students rate their confidence
‘improved-very much improved’
after this course.
feel they have the
knowledge and resources they need to keep improving
in the future.
14 week course – 2 years access
or monthly payment plan
95.00 USD / month for 6 months
SEE MORE ON PRICING
WHAT’S In YOUR COURSE
See more on what areas you’ll improve with your English Pronunciation Course For Singaporean English Speakers
- $Pronounce consonant sounds at the ends of words correctly (ESSENTIAL for clear English - word endings are pronounced differently in Singaporean English)
- $Improve the rhythm & emphasis of your English (master the music of English - the rhythm and stresses in Singaporean English are very different)
- $Master hundreds of phrases for casual & professional conversations
- $Correct important double and single vowel sounds that are not used in Singaporean English
- $Correct consonant clusters (essential for good grammar) - pronounce the past tense with confidence
- $Correct difficult consonant sounds like /l/, /r/, /n/ sounds - particularly in consonants and of course 'th'
- $Understand important English expressions
- $Monitor improvement with progress-check recording tools in each module
- $Correct hundreds of mispronounced words in English
- $30 minute video training session with Georgie
- $and much more!
HOW YOU’LL IMPROVE WITH SPEECH ACTIVE
MORE ON ONLINE Course Features
More on 1:1 zoom Training with Georgie
MORE ON Speech Assessments (Audio & Written Feedback)
“I started this course because I have problems where it was very hard for me to communicate with native speakers. After finishing this course I have become more confident and more fluent in speaking with native speakers. All of them seem to never ask me to repeat myself anymore, and for me this is a big achievement.”
English Pronunciation Tips for Singaporean English SpeakerS
Many Singaporean speakers (or ‘Singlish’ as it’s often called) are aware that there are some differences between Singlish and other types of English. Many of these differences are small – and don’t affect how well other English speakers understand you.
But there are some key differences between ‘Singlish’ and other types of English and that can cause problems with understanding and negatively affect how easily other people understand.
Many Singaporean speakers we work with have excellent vocabulary and expression – they’re aware that people sometimes find their English unclear or they get the feeling people have to really concentrate to understand them. They want people to understand their English easily and without effort.
Singaporean English speakers who enrol in this course systematically correct and improve their pronunciation of word endings, word stress, sentence stress, English weak vowels, English vowel sounds and English consonant sounds and more with each English pronunciation lesson in our program for Singaporean English speakers.
You might be wondering if this English pronunciation program is also accent reduction for Singaporean English speakers. Or accent neutralisation for Singaporean English speakers. Yes, it is. If you’re looking for accent reduction for Singaporean English speakers this course will help you successfully reduce your accent for clearer English. Find out more about why Georgie thinks we should stop using the term accent reduction. Many people still search for the terms accent reduction, accent modification and accent neutralisation.
After years working or studying in an English speaking country, many Singaporean English speakers find most areas of their English have improved a lot, but their pronunciation and accent hasn’t changed that much. With this course, you’ll develop your pronunciation skills, so they are in line with the other areas of your English.
Some Singaporean English speakers want an accent reduction course to speak clearer English because sometimes listeners find their English unclear or they lack confidence with their English pronunciation. Some Singaporean English speakers want to reduce their Singaporean accent to sound more like an English native speaker. People often want to do this if they have been living in an English speaking country for a long time and plan to stay. They feel like a local – so they want to sound more like a local. A Speech Active course helps them sound more like a native English speaker.
Singaporean English SPEAKERS
USE THIS COURSE TO:
Any questions about our
English Pronunciation Course
For Singaporean English Speakers?
- $two or three 20 minute video lessons weekly for 3-4 months
- $15 minutes practice daily with the audio files & 30 minutes Zoom training
- $Flexible - dip in and out around your busy schedule
- $2 years access so you can refresh and revise to further cement and consolidate your improvement
Master new skills
- $Progress check recording tools in every module.
- $Master word stress & rhythm - get the 'music of English' right
- $Correct vowels & consonants that you find challenging and much more.
- $Clearly see what you're aiming for - you'll see exactly what to do and what not to do
Practise for real life
- $Hundreds of useful phrases and expressions
- $Practise real life conversations & interviews
- $Improve your professional & casual daily interactions
- $Get the practice you need to transfer your new skills to your everyday speaking
- $You'll have the skills & resources for continuing improvement
- $Understand what still needs focus and how to do it
- $Life-long skills for ongoing improvement
- $The audio files are yours to keep forever - use them to revise and practice
Word stress and rhythm is much flatter in Singlish. Do you feel like your English is flat or a little monotonous? Are you sometimes stressing the incorrect syllable? Practice good word stress with the video below. Click to learn more and practice better English word stress.
Singaporean English does not use some of the long and double vowels in other types of English. Are you mispronouncing the diphthong vowel /oʊ/, pronouncing it more like a single vowel, like in the word ‘won’t’ in the video below. Practice all the English Vowel Sounds.
Many words in English look very different to how they are pronounced. Like these medical words! We work with many Singaporean nurses and doctors. Check and improve your pronunciation of these commonly mispronounced medical words.
If you’re looking for work or already working in an English speaking country, a clear professional voicemail greeting is a must-have. This video includes a script and will help you record a clear, professional voicemail greeting.
VALUE YOUR TIME
There are a many English pronunciation courses online and English accent courses online. The course you choose should have content tailored to your needs and language background. You also need quality audio and video to practice with – as often as you can – because the more you practice, the more you will improve.
These English Pronunciation lessons for Singaporean English speakers have been created specifically for you – it’s not a general, one-size-fits-all program. This means you’ll use your time effectively and not waste time on content that’s not relevant, as a busy professional or international student.
Complete two or three 20 minute videos per week over 4 months (with 2 years access).
Practice for 15 minutes each day with the listen-&-repeat audio files while you’re out and about.
The more you practice, the more you’ll improve.
We believe this is the best English Pronunciation course for Singaporean English speakers online today.
21+ hours of specialised, quality on-demand video and audio training, student forum and recording tools and a 30 minute Zoom session with Georgie.
WHY BUSY Singaporean English PROFESSIONALS AND STUDENTS LOVE THIS COURSE
TRACK YOUR IMPROVEMENT
- $ Progress check recording tools in every lesson.
- $Fluency activities and checks
- $PRE & POST course recordings to evaluate your progress
- $30 minute 1:1 Zoom call with Georgie, our English Pronunciation teacher for Singaporean English speakers, to ensure you're on track and getting the most from your online course
REAL LIFE CONTENT
- $Workplace conversations & practice job interviews
- $Cover loads of English idioms and expressions that are often used
- $Hundreds of useful phrases
- $Small talk & networking exercises
- $Follow the schedule or make up your own.
- $Access training 24/7
- $Repeat lessons as many times as you like.
- $Two years access
- Payment plan: $125.00 AUD / month for 6 months
- Upfront Payment: $596.00 AUD
- Comprehensive Online Course: 40+ modules and 1:1 Zoom session.
Why choose this course?
If you’re looking for English pronunciation classes on how to improve your English accent for Singaporean English speakers, then this course is what you’re looking for.
Our online English pronunciation classes for Singaporean English speakers are proven. Our courses are used by international and local companies like Mazda, AECOM, PMI, Fujitsu and ANZ.
World leading Universities choose Speech Active online English pronunciation courses to help their international students prepare for interviews and work.
WE’VE SUCCESSFULLY ASSISTED OVER 9,000 PEOPLE
PERFORM YOUR BEST WITH CLEAR professional ENGLISH
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
For the first 30 days, if the course doesn’t help you we’ll refund what you have paid! This means you can get started and try out the training right now. That’s how confident we are that we can help you with your pronunciation.
*Phone support & assessment payments can not be refunded.