ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE for Speakers of african languages
Hi, I’m Georgie,
Your NEW pronunciation teacher
Each comprehensive, tailored pronunciation course includes a 1:1 Zoom session with me. I’m looking forward to working with you.
SO YOU’D LIKE TO IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION
and you speak one of the many languages of Africa!
With our students from Africa (and we have many based all over the world) we like to tailor a course to their needs.
After enrolling, as part of the start of your course, you will make some speech recordings (it’s all very easy and takes around 10 minutes). We will then listen to the recordings of your speech and put together a course that is tailored specifically to your needs.
As you can see from the student comments below, students are especially pleased with how much speaking confidence they gain from this training.
You’ll develop your pronunciation skills and also improve your expression, listening skills, vocabulary and fluency and speaking confidence.
We’ve helped thousands of professionals and students and we’re looking forward to helping you : )
ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION FOR SPEAKERS OF AFRICAN LANGUAGES – YOUR COURSE
- - 16 week course (with 2 years access)
- - 40+ video modules in an easy-to-follow, flexible schedule
- - 7+ hours of listen-repeat audio files for practising between videos - keep these forever
- - A 30 minute 1:1 video training session with Georgie: get feedback & get motivated, ensure you're getting the absolute most from your online course. Add more 1:1 sessions anytime.
- - Progress check recording tools in every module
- - Guided self assessments at the start and end
- - Fluency targets and activities
- - Before & after course speech recordings
- - Combination of video, audio and notes for best learning outcomes
- - Completion certificate and much, much more.
ACTIVELY IMPROVE YOUR Pronunciation and SPOKEN ENGLISH
TIME TO GET ACTIVE
We have worked with speakers of Yoruba, Shona, Igbo, Amharic, Chewa and many more languages of Africa. Speech Active courses helps speakers of African languages who want to speak English more clearly and / or sound more like a native English speaker.
Speakers of African languages have taken our courses in the past to develop clearer English for workplace communication. They want to speak clearer English that is easily understood by their managers, clients, patients, colleagues and friends.
As there are so many different languages in Africa – the areas of English pronunciation that people find challenging varies widely, depending on what their first language/s is.
For most of these speakers of African languages, improving word stress (so the stress, emphasis and rhythm of their English) is very important. Many speakers of African languages either use word stress that is too flat and even, or they put the word stress on the wrong syllable in some words. This makes some of their pronunciation unclear.
Pronouncing English vowel sounds correctly is another areas that is often challenging for speakers of African languages. Many African languages have fewer vowels than English. So pronouncing long and double / diphthong English vowels correctly is challenging. For example, a speaker of an African language is likely to have some difficulty clearly distinguishing between the vowels in the words ‘cot’, ‘caught’ and ‘coat’.
For some speakers, pronouncing English consonant sounds is challenging too, such as ‘th’, using ‘ed’ regular past tense endings, pronouncing ‘h’ – some speakers will omit or add the sound /h/ and pronouncing consonants at the ends of words clearly.
With a Speech Active English Pronunciation course you’ll correct the areas of English pronunciation that is making your English unclear to listeners. After this English pronunciation online program you’ll be able to deliver your message with the confidence that it will be understood easily by listeners.
CONFIDENCE IS KEY
Some people find that listeners struggle to understand them when they speak English. This can be exhausting and frustrating and often results in a lack of confidence when speaking English.
We’re very proud of the feedback we get from our students from Africa, reporting greater speaking confidence. For example, Igbo speaker Stephanie who uses English daily for study and work
“This pronunciation course has been greatly helpful to me because it has changed the way I talk around friends and in public. Am more confident in every word I say. This course has helped me improve my English pronunciation, the way I communicate with colleagues and my listening skill. I recommend anyone to partake in this course. You won’t regret a thing.“
Great English Pronunciation Starts Here
of students rate their confidence
after this course.
feel they have the
knowledge and resources they need to keep improving
in the future.
14 week course – 2 years access
or monthly payment plan
95.00 USD / month for 6 months
SEE MORE ON PRICING
WHAT’S In YOUR ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION COURSE FOR SPEAKERS of african languages
- $Master the rhythm & emphasis of your English (improve the music of English)
- $Move your mouth correctly for clear English
- $Master hundreds of phrases for casual & professional conversations
- $30 minute video training session with Georgie
- $Correct important double and long vowels that are challenging
- $Pronounce the past tense with confidence
- $Correct any consonants that are challenging such as ‘th’, /h/ or consonants at the ends of words
- $Understand important English expressions
- $Monitor improvement with progress-check recording tools in each module
- $Correct hundreds of the most mispronounced words in English
- $and much more important practice
HOW YOU’LL IMPROVE WITH SPEECH ACTIVE
MORE ON ONLINE Course Features
More on 1:1 zoom Training with Georgie
MORE ON Speech Assessments (Audio & Written Feedback)
“I used to speak very very fast and most of the times I had to repeat myself to my listener because they miss on most words.
However, after my course I am more cautious in my mouth positioning, volume and rate. I rarely have to repeat myself. This training has improved my confidence and I am aiming at speaking more like a native speaker.
My audience can understand me much clear than before. This training has been of great help to me. It’s going to improve my presentation skills. I am able to stress the words correctly.
Thank you so much for this course.”
“I grew up from a British Colony where English was taught in schools, we were exposed more to English grammar and comprehension. It was never about pronunciation. I had no idea about it, until I started this course. I finished my videos quickly because I wanted to know more every time I finished a given video.
The course has caused alertness in my mind while communicating and I try to ensure that I am understood while I am speaking. I now have knowledge of what I need to do to improve my pronunciation. Developing confidence about your speech because of key factors including awareness, rate of speech, word stress are paramount to non native speakers. This course is very important because it increases one’s confidence that while speaking you are aware and sure that you know how to pronounce words correctly.“
”As a non native english speaker my accent was so strong that my peers couldn’t understand me.
This course has taught me how to change that. It’s a wonderful course it changes my life dramatically.”
English Pronunciation Lessons for SpeakerS of african languages
Do people understand you easily or do you get the feeling they sometimes miss some words you say?
Maybe you feel they have to concentrate to understand you.
Do you feel like your English is flat or a little monotonous compared to native speakers?
We’ll help you systematically correct and improve your pronunciation of word stress, sentence stress, English weak vowels, English vowel sounds and English consonant sounds and more, with each English pronunciation lesson.
Have you been wondering if this English pronunciation course is also an accent reduction for speakers from Africa? Or accent neutralisation? Yes, it is. If you’re looking for accent reduction this course will help you successfully reduce your accent for clearer English. Find out more about why Georgie thinks we should stop using the term accent reduction. Many people still search for the terms accent reduction, accent modification and accent neutralisation.
Some people from Africa want an accent reduction course to speak clearer English because listeners find their English unclear or they lack confidence with their English pronunciation. Some people from Africa want to sound more like an English native speaker – this is often if they have been living in an English speaking country for a long time and they feel like a local – so they want to sound more like a local.
After years working or studying in an English speaking country, many speakers of African languages find that many areas of their English have really improved – such as comprehension and reading. But they feel their English pronunciation and English accent hasn’t changed that much. With this course, speakers of African languages will bring their pronunciation skills up, to be in line with the other areas of their English.
Finding time to work on your English Pronunciation and fluency can be challenging. Speech Active English Pronunciation practice is created specifically for busy professionals – so you can dip in and out around your schedule. This course will help you ACTIVELY improve your pronunciation and English accent every day.
HOW TO GET STARTED
If you’re ready to enrol, please select ‘African Language’ in the drop down options and after you’ve enrolled, it will help to email us your first language at info @ speechactive.com.
We look forward to having you in our program.
NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
USE THIS COURSE TO:
Do you have questions about our
English Pronunciation Course?
- $two or three 20 minute video lessons weekly for 3-4 months
- $15 minutes practice daily with the audio files & 30 minutes Zoom training
- $Flexible - dip in and out around your busy schedule
- $2 years access so you can refresh and revise to further cement and consolidate your improvement
Master new skills
- $Progress check recording tools in every module.
- $Master word stress & rhythm - get the 'music of English' right
- $Correct vowels & consonants that you find challenging and much more.
- $Clearly see what you're aiming for - you'll see exactly what to do and what not to do
Practise for real life
- $Hundreds of useful phrases and expressions
- $Practise real life conversations & interviews
- $Improve your professional & casual daily interactions
- $Get the practice you need to transfer your new skills to your everyday speaking
- $You'll have the skills & resources for continuing improvement
- $Understand what still needs focus and how to do it
- $Life-long skills for ongoing improvement
- $The audio files are yours to keep forever - use them to revise and practice
Are you sometimes using flat, even word stress? Are you sometimes stressing the incorrect syllable? Practice good word stress with the video below. Click to learn more and practice better English word stress.
Many languages have fewer vowels than English. As a result, many non-native speakers mispronounce the diphthong vowel /oʊ/, pronouncing it more like a single vowel, like in the word ‘won’t’ in the video below. Practice all the English Vowel Sounds.
We work with many nurses and doctors from Africa. Pronouncing words like the ones covered in this video is challenging – check and improve your pronunciation of these medical words today.
If you’re looking for work or already working in an English speaking country, a clear professional voicemail greeting is a must-have. This video includes a script and will help you record a clear, professional voicemail greeting.
VALUE YOUR TIME
There are a many English pronunciation courses online and English accent courses online. The course you choose should have content tailored to your needs and it should have lots and lots of practice lessons – you will need clear, quality audio and video lessons to practice with.
Our courses are not a general, one-size-fits-all program. This means you will use your time effectively and not waste time on content that’s not relevant to you.
Complete two or three 20 minute videos per week over 4 months (with 2 years access).
Practice for 15 minutes each day with the listen-&-repeat audio files while you’re out and about.
The more you practice, the more you’ll improve.
We believe this is the best English Pronunciation training online today.
21+ hours of specialised, quality on-demand video and audio training, student forum and recording tools and a 30 minute Zoom session with Georgie.
BUSY PROFESSIONALS AND STUDENTS
LOVE THIS COURSE
TRACK YOUR IMPROVEMENT
- $ Progress check recording tools in every lesson.
- $Fluency activities and checks
- $PRE & POST course recordings to evaluate your progress
- $30 minute 1:1 Zoom call with Georgie, our English Pronunciation teacher, to ensure you're on track and getting the most from your online course
REAL LIFE CONTENT
- $Workplace conversations & practice job interviews
- $Cover loads of English idioms and expressions that are often used
- $Hundreds of useful phrases
- $Small talk & networking exercises
- $Follow the schedule or make up your own.
- $Access training 24/7
- $Repeat lessons as many times as you like.
- $Two years access
- Payment plan: $125.00 AUD / month for 6 months
- Upfront Payment: $596.00 AUD
- Comprehensive Online Course: 40+ modules and 1:1 Zoom session.
Why choose this course?
These English pronunciation classes will help speakers from Africa improve their English accent and English pronunciation.
We’ve worked with Swahili, Amharic, Yoruba, Oromo, Hausa, Igbo, Zulu and Shona speakers and more, both in Africa and all over the world.
Our online English pronunciation classes are proven. Our courses are used by international and local companies like Mazda, AECOM, PMI, Fujitsu and ANZ. World leading Universities choose Speech Active online English pronunciation courses to help their international students prepare for interviews and work.
WE’VE SUCCESSFULLY ASSISTED OVER 9,000 PEOPLE
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
For the first 30 days, if the course doesn’t help you we’ll refund what you have paid! This means you can get started and try out the training right now. That’s how confident we are that we can help you with your pronunciation.
*Phone support & assessment payments can not be refunded.